Yet again, our unborn child thwarted our plans. "She" remained tightly curled into a cozy little ball (why, yes! the fetus was in the fetal position!) and refused to budge for over half an hour despite me rolling onto all sides, the tech jabbing the ultrasound wand all over my stomach, and Tim's pleas to the baby to behave. We were able to see that "she" was growing right on schedule and healthy as can be so if that's the takeaway then we're good. The most important thing is that the baby is healthy. Always.
We have a 80% chance it's a girl and 20% chance it's a boy...however, just the lack of obvious boy parts doesn't have me wholly convinced on the matter.
We have a few options here:
1) We wait until the 32 week ultrasound when we will have a bigger baby and better chance of seeing gender. Again, no guarantees "she" will cooperate since "she's" proving "herself" to be rather stubborn. (This is still 12 loooooonnnnnggg weeks away. Ugh.)
2) We wait until the delivery and have a birth day semi-surprise. (Yeah...I'm not so good with surprises.)
3) We make an appointment at one of those 3D ultrasound joints that our doctor dislikes and try again to the tune of $150. (The least appealing but also most crazy-hormonal-pregnant lady friendly option).