Friday, October 19, 2007

Introspection

So, I've seen this going around on a number of blogs, and it seems like an interesting idea. I consider this a little introspective look at what's going on in my life. Maybe a little narcissistic, but isn't a blog considered that anyways?

Right now:

I am thrilled . . . about our new house (duh). It makes me so happy to wake up in it every morning. I hear birds chirping; it's absolutely divine.

I don't miss . . . the ambulances roaring by in the middle of the night or bus route #77 to Diversey and Lakeshore announcing its arrival every 8-10 minutes, 24 hours a day at our old place. I also don't miss having to leash up Miss Lily Pants for every walk. Our backyard rocks.

I'm planning . . . what color to paint the pepto bismol pink guest bedroom. Pale pale green or blue? I fear the green can turn out minty toothpaste-like. I don't need bathroom staples on my walls thankyouverymuch.

I'm listening to . . . classical music in my cube at work. I'm trying it as a calming mechanism. I've been overly hyped up and kind of crazy lately, so I'm hoping this will help me be more serene. I also tried yoga to do that but that didn't take.

I'm looking forward to . . . for the immediate future, our weekend. We have some fun plans with friends we haven't seen in a while, and I get to show my lovely grandmother our new house. For the not so immediate future, I'm looking forward to feeling more settled in the house and tackling some decorating projects.

I'm wanting . . . way too many things to list. All material goods of course. For myself, a few new wintry things like herringbone pants, and a new bag. For the house, the perfect kitchen table, a new TV, art for my bare walls, new bedding, the list goes on. All in due time.

So there you have it.

Also, a very Happy Birthday shout out to D! Welcome to 26 my dearest. And a welcome back to S. . .your wedding was gorgeous, and you were a stunning bride!

No comments: