Friday, June 4, 2010

The end of a (very short in the grand scheme of things) era

I had grand plans for today.  You see, today is my last day as a stay at home mom.  We were going to go to the zoo! With friends! And have a picnic!  Then the friend cancelled due to sick children and the forecast called for rain.  Instead, we stayed home.  Noah and myself.  All alone.  And it was glorious.






My heart hurts a little today.  I'm going to miss this amazing, independent, spirited little boy every minute that I am away from him.  But I know that missing him will only make the time we do have together that much more special.  For I have plans, oh yes, grand plans .  We'll be building forts, having picnics for dinner at the park, dancing in the gazebo at a kids' concert, taking daily post-dinner tricycle rides and creating general merriment all around us.  Life as we know it may be changing but that doesn't mean it has to stop.  

Noah, I want you to know that your daddy and I made this decision because we know it will help provide you with the best life possible.  I have loved (almost) every minute of being home with you these past (almost) two years and wouldn't trade it for the world.  This is our next chapter, as a family, and we are going to rock it.  YOU are going to rock it.  I will miss you so very much, little man, but at 5:30 pm, everyday, I will be there to pick you up from daycare.  And until you get embarrassed by it, I will scoop you up and snuggle you.  I am first and foremost your mommy and I will never forget that.  

Ok.  Now I'm ready to go kick some corporate ass.  In a pencil skirt and heels.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, sexy Mommy!! You are the best!

AndreAnna said...

Rock ruff n stuff wif your afro puffs!

Michelle said...

Looks like he still had a fabulous day. Good luck.

kyooty said...

Enjoy your back to workness :)

Mary said...

You rock, mama!

Cass. Just Curious said...

It's going to be great - another variation of great. And pencil skirts and heels...that's just something to really look forward to!

Rougeneck said...

New chapters are exciting....and You are going to rock this next one! And look awesome while doing it!

samantha said...

YOU GO GIRL!

So glad you still had an awesome day! Sometimes the simple unplanned ones end up being the best.

Jealous of the pencil skirt. My tummy won't let me rock that look just yet.

Yeah for forts! WOOO!

bessie.viola said...

This is just the best post. You guys are going to be great - this next chapter will be fantastic. What an awesome, kick-ass mama Noah has! Hugs, hugs, hugs - I'll be thinking of you Monday as you're rocking your pencil skirt. :)

Hillary said...

I'm late, but I hope you're first week at work is going well.