Monday, October 13, 2008

Jazz hands

Newsflash!  Noah has found his hands!  And he has discovered that he can TOUCH things and GRAB things and BRING THEM TO HIS MOUTH.  It's like the discovery of ancient ruins or my original hair color.  In all seriousness, I feel like he has just blossomed this past week.  He is so much more alert and aware of his surroundings.  His laughs are contagious.  And the smiles...oh the smiles.
 

He loves to "talk" to inanimate objects, especially ceiling fans. Those ceiling fans, they are the best conversationalists I tell you.  Our days are lazy and revolve around what rattling, primary colored, squishy toy we are going to play with next.  I honestly couldn't ask for anything more.  He's a good baby--I know most parents are going to say their baby is good when pressed, but he truly is a sweet, even-tempered baby.  We've not had colic (I have no idea how awful colic must be...to those of you mamas and papas with a colicky baby, I pray for your sanity), we've not had hours and hours at night of glass shattering screaming (at least not since he was a few weeks old), he's sleeping through the night again, I could go on and on about how easy we have it.  There are definitely some days when I want to put him up for sale on Craigslist, but then I always think about how awful it would be to end up the lead story on the 5 o'clock news when I most likely haven't showered yet that day.  (Just kidding, Jojo!  I would never wait that long to shower!)

So, all this to say that we're good, we're thriving, we're waving our hands in the air.

No comments: