1. We all had the flu this past week.
1a. I was sick Wednesday and Thursday and THANK GOD my mother (or as Noah says:"UhMAAA!") came to baby me, I mean, take care of Noah. The flu sucks.
1b. And it sucks even more when Thursday the baby AND the husband get sick. And now I am not just recovering from the flu, I am also tending to TWO babies. The flu REALLY sucks.
1c. But it's ok now. "We" are recovered. Or at least Noah and I are. Tim is milking it for all it's worth and taking lots of naps because he's "so, so sick...dying, really". Uh huh.
2. You know how when you really, really want a little snack and you have the taste for something specific, like say a chocolate chip cookie, or maybe some snap peas and dip, but then you look in your refrigerator and pantry and the best you can come up with is stale Triscuits and processed cheese products? Totally sucks...and now I sit here eating stale Triscuits and fake cheese. Sigh.
3. Noah's recent accomplishments: holding his fork and spoon and getting the food in his mouth (but not picking it up yet), saying "more" and ACTUALLY wanting more of something, napping somewhat consistently once a day, molar #1 popping through, oh, and refusing to walk.
4. I haven't been taking many pictures lately and I AM SO SORRY. So here is one of Noah and his new BFF, the vacuum cleaner. Except what makes his relationship with the vacuum so tenuous is that we have two vacuums, which look totally different (aka one is AWESOME (pictured) and the other is NOT), and he is mightily confused by the fact that I call them both "vacuum" when he points and says "Da?" I fear that he may be forever disappointed in life when one thing is never like the other.
5. The Air and Water Show is happening RIGHT NOW OVER MY HEAD and if those damn planes wake my (now sleeping!) baby I will march myself down to the lake front and take it up with the management. Whoever thought this was a good idea? Loud planes zooming at breakneck speeds mere hundreds of feet from my rooftop? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.