Thursday, January 5, 2012

Simple Arugula Salad...quick, go make it!

I'm posting this quickly before I forget and because I love it so much I want to share:

Simple Arugula Salad

1 bunch arugula, washed and dried
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
pecorino romano cheese, grated
olive oil
lemon juice
salt
pepper
(No measurements...just add or subtract as needed)

In a small bowl, mix together a few tablespoons olive oil, a few squeezes of lemon juice (fresh or bottled), and salt and pepper to taste.

In a larger bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil dressing. Add the oranges and then generously sprinkle on the pecorino romano cheese. Toss the whole thing together, making sure to evenly coat the arugula. Then add more cheese because cheese is one of my reasons for living and is yours too, I know it.

Serve immediately or hoover up the whole damn bowl by yourself if you please.

This salad is SO easy and SO divine. I love how a few simple ingredients turns into something so wonderful. I've been making this salad as a pre-dinner "snack" for a few weeks and I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I bet it would be lovely with a little chicken or nut of your choice to beef it up a bit. I think it would be a great starter salad at a dinner party and especially great during the summer because it's such a light beginner. ENJOY!

(I found this recipe a while back in some magazine and I cannot for the life of me remember where or when...probably when I was in the OB waiting room and hungry as a hippo. It obviously would have  appealed to me at the time.)

No comments: