Saturday, December 20, 2008

Five Months

Dear Noah,

I think you and I both deserve a hearty congratulations for making it five whole months. For some reason, this month's birthday really meant a lot to me. Maybe it's because you are now firmly in "baby" territory and the newborn phase is definitely over. Maybe it's because I felt that by five months I should have my act together. Ha. I SO don't. But you don't know that because you're just a itty, witty, bitty baby who loves to laugh and smile with your whole body. From the tip of your head to the bottom of your toes, you smile with everything you've got.

So much has happened this past month. You began to roll over, your first tooth arrived and you're THISCLOSE to sitting unsupported. You've tried rice cereal many times and are still a bit ambivalent about it all. Shhh, don't tell anyone but we may just forget about the cereal and move straight to the hard stuff...sweet potatoes. That's right. Big boy food. We'll see. I am kind of chicken when it comes to change with you. You're growing up so so so fast I can barely keep up. But with this growing up comes all the delightful moments we have. And these moments are made all the better because you sleep through the night and THANKYOUSOMUCH.

This month our goal is to get you on a daytime schedule. So far you call the shots but guess what? Game over buddy. Mama's in charge from now on. Hopefully you'll humor me for at least a few days and get to napping at regular intervals. Please. It will make our lives so much easier and our days much more predictable. And maybe you could nap for longer than 45 minutes? You used to but this silly teething business has really messed with the hours long naps. And mama needs her downtime to read blogs, err, um, work out.

I love you so much little man, so very much. I am so excited to see what this next month brings for you and for our family.

Love,
Mama



Posting will be light around here due to the holiday, so Noah wishes you an early Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!  He didn't have a driedel handy for his posed photos, just a Santa hat, my apologies.

No comments: