1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I promised last year that I would be a good parent, and I think I have started that off well. This year's resolution is a continuation on that theme: always, ALWAYS putting my family first.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank god.
5. What countries did you visit?
Zero. Gestating and birthing kept us in town.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A more positive outlook on life. Noah has definitely helped with that and I hope to continue well into the rest of my life.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 29, 20o8: Big ultrasound reveal to tell us we were having a boy. July 20, 2008: The birth day of said boy.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth. Hands down. (Do we sense a theme here?)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping in close touch with far away friends. I plan to remedy that in 2009.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Episiotomy, anyone? Damn that hurt.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't buy it (hello, budget) but my SLR camera that my parents gave us this Christmas.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Again, Tim's. He is an amazing father and he works so hard to make sure Noah and I are cared for and happy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one really.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Diapers, baby toys, baby clothes, baby baby baby. That should be reason enough to wait until you're old enough and financially secure to have a kid.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
NOAH. Oh, and Noah.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Beethoven for Babies...on repeat in the car.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? So much happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. Damn it.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, see #14.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cuddled with Noah. There is never enough cuddling for me.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about Noah. I spent far too much time on the internet reading new mom message boards and fuh-reaking out about every little thing.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With our families.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Oh hell yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl. I am 16.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Sippy Cups Are Not For Chardonnay, Stefanie Wilder-Taylor. It may not have been literature, but it was damn funny and made me feel less like a moron.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
What is this music you speak of? Unless it was created for babies, I haven't heard it lately.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
Sleep. Same as last year.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm, first this music thing and now movies...didn't get to see much this past year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 this year and spent the day baby-free.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to worry about money.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Yoga pants...with stretch.
32. What kept you sane?
Tim and his patience.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barry O. We have so much to look forward to, he and I.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh I don't know...let me think...SARAH PALIN.
35. Who did you miss?
All my friends who live far, far away from me.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Noah. He rocks.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Life is so much sweeter when you have someone special to share it with. Whether that be a wonderful partner, a child, or a supportive family, life doesn't seem so knock-down hard at times.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Like movie quotes, this is just something I can't do well. I'll leave it to you to add whatever sums up YOUR year.