Friday, March 13, 2009

Lazy, not busy

Oh, hi there. Sorry I took a little while getting back to this ol' blog. I don't have a pictorial of our short vacation to Florida because I forgot to put the battery back in the camera and ended up taking pictures with my sister's camera which is with her back at school and sigh. I know you're waiting with bated breath for the stunning photos of me in a bathing suit...oh no? You want photos of Noah swimming in the pool? Or maybe dipping his toes into the sand? Or just being super duper awesome on the plane and falling right asleep during take off? All those will be coming soon, I promise.

In the meantime, let's discuss the fact that I am thinking about going back to work. I am heading in to speak with my former employer next week, and although the premise is just a visit with Noah, I am going to see if they would be interested in taking me back. Basically, I am going to throw myself on the ground at their feet and beg for my job back PLUS more money. Any suggestions on how I can do that effectively? This is NOT what I WANT to do. I WANT to stay home with Noah. I WANT to plan weekday playdates and go to the park and play on the swings and be there with him all day. But, times? They are tough. And I cannot expect Tim to shoulder all of the burden of providing for our little family. He's been working harder than any person should. So, I think I HAVE to go back to work. We'll see what happens next week.

You so know the next post will be about how expensive good child care is, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo wants to know why you didn't tell her this today! Oy. Well, your rocked at that job and they should be begging you to come back. What are the odds of them giving it to you part time?

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed for you - hoping that you get the answers that you want!