Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Product warning

**UPDATED at end of post**

This product, the Little Tikes Fold Up N Go train set, is not safe for little ones. The screw-on battery cover does NOT screw on correctly. This morning I found Noah prying off the supposedly screwed on battery cover and popping batteries in his mouth. Thankfully I got to him before he could so much as close his mouth around a battery but there is NO reason that should happen. I've written a complaint email to Little Tikes and hopefully they will respond appropriately and quickly.

Photo from Little Tikes

It's my duty, as a parent, to only allow safe products into my home. As of now, this product, or more specifically OUR toy, does not meet that criteria whatsoever. If you, or someone you know, owns this toy, be careful and double check the battery cover to make sure it is securely attached. I shudder to think what could have happened had I not been right there watching.

Update: I am playing phone tag with a rep from Little Tikes. So far they've made good on their promise to return emails/calls within 48 hours.

Update to the update: I spoke with a very kind rep who asked me to send back the defective piece for their inspection and provided this was a one time problem they will be sending out a new train for Noah. I'll keep you posted on how this pans out, but so far Little Tikes has been very responsive and I appreciate that very much.

No comments: