Monday, September 7, 2009

Suburban farms, who knew?

**Warning: Way too many pictures of my baby directly ahead. If you don't like cute babies, then you may want to click away now. Don't say I didn't warn you.**

We spent our Saturday at a "farm" in suburban Chicago for a first birthday party. A) I had no idea there were farms in suburban Chicago that you could rent for a birthday party. Superb. B) I had no idea Noah loved animals so much. C) He could recognize and identify most of the animals we saw. Um, genius baby? I think so.

Noah and Daddy "petting" the cow. Or has Noah kept saying "Mama?" Only fair I suppose. He did think the gorilla at the zoo was his father.

Daddy: "Chickens BITE, Noah. NO TOUCH!" Noah: insert maniacal laughter here.

Walking with "Da".
I'll take a pound of baby, thin sliced, please.

Mama needs a tan.

Just, awwwwwwww.

Why won't he EVER smile at the camera?

Oh god, why didn't you people tell me about this grass? It STICKS to my fingers! Get it off, get it off!

Suffice to say, we had a marvelous time. And a marvelous, sunny weekend. I hear there is rain in the forecast so good thing we got our fun in before we get stuck inside. Yet again. Love you, Chicago weather, smooches.

3 comments:

k said...

Love the picture on the scale!

Also, why is grass so suspicious? For months E would not walk on it--by far preferring to stay on the more trustworthy sidewalk.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures! That face with the grass is priceless, as are the big grins on the scale. Looks like he loved the chickens!

Looks like an awesome place for a birthday party.

Anonymous said...

Oh I get so warm and fuzzy thinking about how Noah will have these photos to look back in in the years to come. Very very cool. The Meetup group I joined has alerted me to the fact that there's a farm near us as well! Once the wildfires are over, we'll have to go!