Monday, August 15, 2011

It all started with a bad salad

Want to know what can bring on sudden contractions at 33 weeks?

a) Food poisoning and subsequent dehydration;

followed by,

b) Getting into an accident with your car and a (most likely) drunk bicyclist in a downpour with your three year old in the backseat and yappy dog riding shotgun.

We've all recovered and baby is staying put but, let me tell you, there is NOTHING like major stress in two days when your husband is out of town to make the ol' uterus start acting up. The police officer looked rather concerned that I was going to have this baby in the middle of the street after the accident. To be honest, I thought there was a slight possibility that I would. Luckily, when the nerves calmed down, so did the baby and all was well.

Tim is never, EVER, going out of town again.

8 comments:

k said...

Balls.

Jessica said...

Ugh, I had food poisoning while pregnant (twice) and it was AWFUL. I hope you've recovered!

Michelle said...

Glad you're (both) ok! It's always always when the husband is out of town that stuff falls apart at our house too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds awful! Glad that your little girl stayed put, and I'm hoping that you're feeling better and recovered. And that you're spoiled majorly once your husband is home!

Erica said...

Boo on bad salad and accidents. Glad you are okay and that the baby is still in there. Hang on, you're getting close.

A'Dell said...

AGH! That sounds awful!

Hillary said...

Oh dear. Glad everything is OK, but man, I'm with you on the husband not leaving any more.

little miss mel said...

Oh NO!!! so glad everything is ok! That would be SO scary. :X hugs!!