Thursday, November 29, 2007

Good times

I feel like I am running a marathon. It's been go go go for weeks now, and I am just exhausted. Good news on the work front: starting January 1st I'll be working two days at week at my current position, and the other three days will be spent working with Tim and helping him out with his company. That is also known as sitting on my butt on the couch, laptop in hand, watching Oprah and gmail chatting with friends. I kid, I kid. It will be actual work...just from the comfort of home with my feet up.

The beauty of the situation is this: 1) we only have to pay the dog walker twice a week rather than 5 times a week; 2) I get to do work that is actually reflective of of my interests i.e. marketing and branding Tim's company...I believe that is what my diploma says I am good at; 3) I don't have to travel downtown every day and get jostled on the El...pregnant women should not be jostled.

Oh hi. Did I slide that little nugget of information in there slyly or what? Tim and I have taken it upon ourselves to further populate the good city of Chicago. I suppose that would explain the exhaustion, eh? We're 7 weeks along, so it's still early. We're obviously thrilled by this development, though a little surprised as it is earlier than we expected. Our tentative due date is July 21, 2008...which I must apologize to our lovely friends K & M. Their wedding is July 19th, and I promise I will do my best to keep that baby in there cooking away until AFTER the wedding! I will waddle my way into that church if it kills me!

The family is ecstatic, we're thrilled, everyone is feeling the love. It was a busy week last week...baby news, birthdays, Thanksgiving. Now, I guess we know what we'll use that spare room for, huh?

Thank you to those of you who already know the big news, and thank you for all your well wishes. We're looking forward to sharing this time with our friends and family and the internet since I'll be posting about the pregnancy for the next 8 months. It's my website, and I'll post what I want to. Stay tuned for pictures (the growing belly will not be denied!) and informative posts.

We're having a baby!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SWEET NEWS~!

lots of love!!! tess