Monday, November 12, 2007

NaBloPoMo

Or something to that effect. National Blog Posting Month. Apparently I have been hiding underneath a rock lately and didn't realize I'm supposed to post everyday. I'm already behind so why start now? I'll hit it up next year, promise. Or maybe I won't. You'll just have to keep reading to find out.


Our washing machine is leaking water. I estimate it to be about 10 years old, so we've decided to replace it rather than try to have it repaired. You would think that you do a little research, maybe check out consumer reports, shop online for some good deals, and BAM! you've picked out your new washer. Nope. That is not how we roll in the Smith household. There are visits to stores, and anxiety caused by the lovely colors (how do you chooooose?), and top vs. front load, etc. It's exhausting. I'm thinking a front load now. Not so much for design, though they are pretty to look at, but more for their higher rated efficiency, both water and electric. Readers, any input? I'm partial to the top load because that is what I know, but while we stayed at the Parent Hotel we used their front load and liked it. Of course, the day ours breaks, so does my mother's. Karma, eh?


In other Smith news unrelated to the purpose of this blog, Tim and I are heading down South for Christmas, specifically Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He has finally broken the news to his mother, who wasn't entirely pleased I'm stealing her son for the holiday, but I think we've compromised nicely. Everyone is accomodated, peace has been restored. I used to go to FLL for the holidays every year as a kid, so I am entirely thrilled to continue this tradition with Tim. If all goes well, we'll be making this an annual tradition with our kids. Though we did wait to buy tickets until today and got completely screwed by the airlines. I suppose buying the house was a tad bit more important these past couple of months.


Another question: any idea where I can find a reliable dog sitter/boarder for the holidays in Chicago? Apparently, you need to donate a million dollars the year before to the "top boarding facilities" in order to get in line for the next year. Or your dog must have an IQ of 180 and play an instrument, preferably first or second chair. I don't even want to think about what pre-school is like in the city. I should probably sign-up now. . .


Things, they are a-changin' in SmithLand. Stay tuned for more updates. Here's a picture of Lily to keep you occupied.

Hi...I cute and preshus and lovble. Kiss me. And wittle. I wittle puppy. (12 weeks old)

What up, punk? Why you lookin' at me like that? I didn't do nuthin' wrong. I didn't eat the cat. I need a haircut. (8 months).





No comments: