Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fatty, fatty two by four

I got a bonus ultrasound today since the last tech didn't get a good look at the boy's heart. I was informed that my precious, teeny baby is now a whopping 1 pound, 2 ounces (per the measurements). Gah! No wonder I've been feeling so...heavy, lately. Oh wait, that may be the SIX POUNDS I have gained in the last four weeks. Yes, that is correct. That's a whole full-grown baby's worth of weight in four weeks alone. Ridiculous. I knew I should have turned around on the scale. But the important point is not that I am a chub, but that the boy is growing right on schedule and looks perfectly healthy. Go me and my rockstar uterus!

Today also seemed like a turning point for me. Yesterday, if you had asked, I would have told you that this whole baby thing is causing major freakouts and worries of being a bad mother and not doing anything right. But today, I feel the opposite. I feel positive for the first time in months. I know I can do this. I know WE can do this. Maybe it was seeing the boy again and hearing that he's doing really well. And that he's been kicking up a storm and punching me in the bladder. I feel more bonded to him and extremely protective of him. Its a really good feeling.

ALSO!!! I will have before and after pics of the house and the finished rooms very soon. Maybe Friday! Please don't fall all over yourselves with excitement, ok?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara and Tim,
I loved seeing you both last weekend for the Twins B-day party! It was so much fun, and I just want you both to know how excited we are for the both of you. Sara, you always seem to gain more weight with your first born. I remember, I gained almost 30 pounds with Timmy, Jr., then only 12 pounds with Benny! I know you'll be a wonderful mother, and hears my advice to you both, to this day, I never read a baby book, reading too much sometimes freaks you out! Just remember, go with your most natural instincts in everything you do with this beautiful baby boy, and he'll be just fine!
Love,
Deb & Tim Hanisch

Anonymous said...

I think I gained 7 last month!! Ugh, cruises + maintaining weight do NOT work well together. Can't wait to see the house pics :)