Friday, March 28, 2008

Alert! Babies cost MONEY!

Why did no one tell me how much these tiny miracles cost? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Tim asked me today for a breakdown of the "big ticket" items that we need to have in place before the boy comes home in July. These items consist of the crib (he can't sleep in my dresser drawer, though I have though about it...I have a couple cashmere sweaters for coziness--NOTICE! Thanks be to my mother who ordered the crib for me over the weekend; we love her and think her a goddess), the changing table/dresser (costing more than my dresser, niiiccceee work kid), a stroller (we are not getting into this debate), car seat, clothing/layette, swing, bouncer, carrier, etc. The list goes on and on.

Now, I am fully aware that we may be gifted with many of the smaller items at my shower in May. But the changing table, stroller, and car seat are on our list of things to buy. Yes, I know I don't NEED to have these things in place by the time the baby gets here...except for the car seat. Word on the street is that the nurses at the hospital won't let you take the baby home without a properly installed car seat. Pfft. Nonsense, I tell you.

So we will be just fine without all the other "stuff". Its just a matter of the raging, crazy hormones that make me, nay FORCE me, to be ultra-prepared for the baby's arrival. Its a sickness and there is nothing I can do to stop it. So, Tim is just going to have to be patient and understanding and quick with the credit card. And you all have to keep me away from the baby clothes. This poor child will have the same outfit in 3 different sizes JUST IN CASE.

No comments: