Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cure for the crazy

From Wikipedia: "being in the doldrums" refers to being in a state of listlessness, despondency, inactivity, stagnation, or a slump.

I'm in the doldrums, are you?  I've had enough of this wintry, constant snowing nonsense.  Noah and I were in the house for FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS.  Please, let me introduce you to my new best friend, Crazy, and her assistant, Insanity.  Today I finally escaped to have brunch and a manicure/pedicure with a friend, and it was pure sweetness I tell you.  

To cure these doldrums, I decided to join a Meetup group for new moms in my area.  I've been toying with the idea of finding a new moms group since Noah was born and just haven't gotten around to finding something that was structured.  Being one of the first of my girlfriends to have a baby AND stay home all day has really whittled down my social calendar. Finding other moms and babies  that are home and available to keep us BOTH company seems like a good idea.    

I've signed Noah and I up for a reading/playtime group that meets on Tuesdays as well as a more local group of moms with little ones under 1 that meets on random Thursdays for lunch.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I meet some nice and NORMAL people.  I am willing to do anything to prevent another week-long house arrest this winter.  Anything.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You poor things! The cold must SUCK, I cannot imagine. Really. I can't.
Good for you. Meetup seems like a good place to start. I will send you good vibes because well...
my neighbor Jenn and I have a phrase that goes "Beware the Asshole Moms". You know the type, they compare and compare and passive-aggressively make you feel like a rotten mom or annoy you and make you want to start smacking them in front of their children. And you know, if it's snowing...you may have nowhere to run. On the other hand, you may meet your new BFF.