Monday, January 28, 2008

...

Someone come save me from myself. There is no need for the sobbing at A Baby Story on TLC. The tears, and hiccups, and wet sleeves are just so ridiculous, I scare myself. If I cry this much when a complete stranger gives birth, on TV no less, what the hell am I going to do when it's my turn?

I don't remember if I mentioned that my new boss, the one I live with and sleep next to, fired me a couple weeks ago. Over dinner at our favorite Mexican hole in the wall, I was fired before my job even began. Let's all sit with the irony for a moment, shall we? I surprised myself with my reaction. I was pretty pissed off actually. I mean, we were only on week number 2 of part time at my other job, and I was settling in nicely to the extra time to get things done around the house, run errands rather than putting them off until the weekend, and playing with Lily of course. Apparently, Mr. Boss Man thought I was a self-starter and would just jump in feet first. I thought he was going to give me a little direction.

This confusion boiled down to me getting fired, over fajitas. So, I moped about it for a couple weeks before the boss came to me with a project. I project I can (and WILL) excel at. I am currently working on finding the company office space in the city. This means a) I get my basement back, b) Tim can get settled into a space before the baby comes, and c) the company will have a permanent home of its very own. All of these are good and necessary for the success of the company and our marriage. Now I just need a little help accessing the MLS listings...any realtors out there willing to help me...for free? Or at least the price of a nice dinner? Anyone?

No comments: