Monday, February 4, 2008

No more pink walls

So here we are on Day 2 of the painting extravaganza. Day 1 was superbly successful what with the painters being on time, working hard all day long, not taking ridiculously long breaks, and cleaning up when they were done. Now here we are on Day 2, at approximately 11:40 am, and the painters are already 2 hours late. And yes, I already called and complained. However, one's options of complaint are limited when the painter's understanding of the english language is what you could call....oh I don't know....non-existent? Last Friday was a fluke, and I bet this is much more their style.

I'm looking forward to posting pictures of our finished rooms. So far, I am very pleased with the results. For those of you who have done the home improvement thing, minor or major, its pretty amazing to me how much more picky I can be when I am paying someone else to do the work. When I, or Tim, are doing something to the house, I'm more willing to allow for mistakes and sloppier work. But when I'm paying someone mass amounts of green, I expect absolute perfection. Oh that is annoying. Why is my work graced with ignorance?

Oh and by finished rooms, I really mean that the painting is finished. We have a dresser picked out for the master bedroom, but it will be a little while before I can grab that bad boy. But the results from the painting makes me so giddy. The immediate transformation of the room from a new coat of paint amazes me every single time. I just have to jump and clap my hands.

No comments: