Friday, July 18, 2008

3 days until due date

You know what is so completely awesome? Four hours of regular contractions that END when you go to sleep (yesterday). And you know what is even better than that? SIX hours of contractions that end when you get up and go pick up the tux with your husband for tomorrow's wedding (today). I swear I don't know what I am going to do when "real" labor starts because this starting and stopping is driving me insane. I am entirely confused by this process. From what I can tell, I am in the latent phase of labor which can take anywhere from hours to a few days before the active phase of labor begins. Supposedly, this elusive active phase of labor is when the contractions get seriously painful and don't stop at all. I would like to get to that point, please.

If I get another day of contractions like this I am going to call my doctor and see about getting checked for further dilation. For some reason I am terrified that I am mis-reading labor signs and possibly hurting the baby. Which is such a minute possibility and logically I know it. But logic goes out the window when you're talking about birthing a baby...right?

No comments: