Saturday, July 12, 2008

Now you've gone and done it

Fine. Don't guess. I know you are out there reading this, I can see you, but if you don't want to leave me nice comments then bah on you. And no, emailing me personally does not count. And I even have good news...should I share it with you ungrateful readers of mine? I SHOULD but maybe I won't. Maybe I'll keep it all to myself and not let you know that the very first sign of labor has begun. Crap. I just told you. So as not to be totally disgusting I am not going to be as descriptive as I would like, but when the cervix starts to dilate further there is a plug of mucus that begins to dissolve and exit the mother's body. Today was that day for me. Labor can begin within 24 hours, 2 weeks from now, or anytime in between. So it's not a perfect predictor of when labor is going to begin but it's a definite guarantee that things are moving along. We have activity so I'm pleased.

As of Wednesday, I was 1 full cm dilated and 50% effaced. The doctor, who I swear put her entire arm up in my lady parts, actually touched the baby's head...it was simultaneously awesome and totally creepy. I have another appointment this coming Wednesday but how great would it be if the boy showed up before then? F'ING FANTASTIC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Hooray! You lost ye old mucus plug? That's great news. I can't wait to read that your baby has arrived. From one FAT-footed pregnant lady to another. Kudos, Miss July!
-K