Thursday, November 20, 2008

Four Months

Dear Noah,

Today is your four month birthday and my what a month it has been.  I don't know about you, but these past few weeks have been pretty fantastic.  You've always been the cutest baby ever, but lately you have just blossomed.  You love to play with anything you can reach with your chubby little hands and of course it all goes straight into your mouth.  Speaking of your mouth, oh my god, the drool!  There is drool everywhere, covering every inch of your shirt, your hands, and even my hands.  Teething is on the horizon, yay!  Or should I say, yay?

I know I say this every month, but you constantly amaze me with all the new things you learn on a daily basis.  Your newest thing is high-pitched squealing when something delights you.  You haven't yet learned how to laugh or smile when you're excited so you squeal instead.  And it makes me laugh every. single. time.  You wave your arms rapidly and open your eyes wide all the while squeaking and squealing with happiness.   I can show you your stuffed lion puppet and without fail the arms start going and the eyes go wide.  It never fails to delight us.  YOU never fail to delight us.

I would have to say that this age you are at right now is the very best.  I clearly don't know what you have in store for us in the months to come, but I am loving everything about four months.  You are sleeping through the night pretty consistently (again), getting two solid naps every day, eating like a champ, and smiling every chance you get at me, your daddy, the world.  You're still small enough to fit in the crook of my arm and you will nuzzle my neck whenever you're getting sleepy.   I wouldn't say you're the cuddliest of babies...if I bring you into our bed you think it's play time rather than cuddle time.  But I love that you look at me with such wonder and adoration, my own little fan club.  I can't wait for you to learn how to hug and give kisses.  I will savor each and every one.

Noah, thank you for showing me what unconditional love is.  Thank you for being you.  When you were inside me, I didn't know what "flavor" of baby we were going to get.  Now that you're here, and you're you, I know I got the very best flavor out there.  A little chocolate, vanilla, carmel and nuts...and even a little bit of sprinkles for fun.  We love you.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I loved hearing you say "I love you" on the video. There's such a special lilt to that new mommy voice.