Saturday, November 29, 2008

Huggies are NOT the new Hoover Dam

A PLEA FOR HELP! (And ignore if you have no opinion on diapers.)

We have a leak. Actually, not just ONE leak, but many, many leaks. Noah has been leaking out of his diapers, and I have no idea what to do. I change him every couple of hours during the day, always before and after naps (and the after change is always because he has leaked out during his nap), and since he is sleeping mostly through the night I can't change him then so we have a leak in the morning. I half expect that leak since he does go so long without a change, but it didn't always happen and I would really like it if we could face the morning without ANOTHER crib sheet change.

Here is where we are at diapers-wise:

Noah is 13.5 pounds, so firmly in the size 2 range for most diapers (12-18 lbs).  We're currently using Huggies Supreme/Gentle Care size 2 or Huggies Regular size 2. We haven't noticed much of a difference in absorbancy between the two, at least not enough to warrant the price difference.  We have also used Pampers Swaddlers size 2 which we had leaks with but even worse was that his clothes always felt damp in the front when he wore them.  

So, here is where you and your people come in.  I need recommendations for new diapers.  I am willing to try cloth diapering as well as using eco-friendly diapers (7th Generation, gDiapers, etc.).  And by cloth diapering I really mean pocket cloth diapers with the washable inserts.  I'm game for new disposables too.   I just need options and I don't want to spend a million dollars trying out every brand on the market.  I trust you.  My wallet is in your hands.

If you are not diaper-savvy, please, please send this on to any of your friends or family who may have an opinion on diapers.   Tell me what you/they use and if you like/dislike your choice.  Tell me if you cloth diaper and what you like most about it.  I need help, from you.  You're the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know it has been a LONG time, but I recommend using plastic pants over Noah's disposable. Now that he is so mobile in bed a pad underneath probably won't work anymore. Since the darn sheets are so hard to change, any extra cloth under him overnight may save you some sheet wrangling muscle.
Good Luck MOM :-)